– Did you know, R&B Singer Major Harris replaced Delfonics singer Randy Cain when Randy left the group in 1971! Major Harris’s biggest solo hit in 1975, “Love Won’t Let Me Wait” was ranked the #24 song on the Top Billboard and awarded a Gold Disc by the RIAA (Recording Industry Association of Americain) in 1975 !
– Did you Know that Otis Redding wrote Aretha Franklin’s classic hit song, ” Respect” in 1965 and it became one of her signature songs!
– Believe it or not, there are people that don’t know this Four Top classic ” I Can’t Help Myself” by name . But, say ” Sugar Pie Honey Bunch”, they can sing you the rest of the song and tell you who made it a hit in 1965.” Sugar Pie Honey Bunch, ranked #2 on the Top Billboard in 1965!
– Did you know ” Baby, I’m For Real” was written by Marvin & Anna Gordy Gaye! (Marvin’s first wife and Berry Gordy’s older sister) The song topped the R&B charts and was sung by the group “The Original’s”, it was their last single in 1969 before the group disbanded !
– Did you know that Ralph Tavares of the singing group “Tavares” retired as Chief Court Officer with Fall River Justice Center in Mass after a 30-year absence with the group! He started performing again in April 2014. The group is currently Touring in the UK with the “Temptations” and the “Four Tops.